ROASTED BABY ARTICHOKE & POTATO SALAD
Baby artichokes are really fully grown, they are just a smaller variety when ready to be harvested. They're a great source of vitamin C, folate, fiber, and minerals—in addition to being beautiful and a seasonal treat. Try to find (or pick your own) dandelion greens, too, as they have the same fleeting season.
Makes 4 servings
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tarragon or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
12 baby artichokes, tough outer leaves removed, stem trimmed, halved lengthwise
1-1/2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
8 cups torn curly endive or spring dandelion greens
Whole, briny Greek olives
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 425˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add artichokes and potatoes; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange vegetables on baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven; roast 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Nestle chicken thighs in among vegetables; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Roast about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Arrange greens on plates; top with artichokes, potatoes, and chicken. Drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with olives.